1What do I do when I am involved in an accident?

If you are involved in an accident, it is important to ensure that the circumstances are documented. Police reports are helpful. Photographs are also sometimes useful. You should avoid giving any statements to any insurance company until you discuss your individual situation with an attorney. Most importantly, if you feel you are injured, get yourself checked out by a doctor! Things like your car and your possessions are replaceable, YOU are not!

2Does the at fault party have to pay for my property damage?

In Connecticut, there are several laws surrounding the payment of property damage. When it is clear that the accident was not your fault, the other party’s insurance company must cover the damage to your vehicle. We can assist in ensuring that the at fault party’s insurance pays for your property damage, not you.

3What about reimbursement for a rental car?

If you are unable to drive your vehicle, then you may be eligible for either a rental car that is paid for by the other party’s insurance company, or payments for what is called loss of use of your vehicle. We have experience with property damage and can assist you in ensuring that your claim is handled quickly and efficiently.

4What happens if the person who was negligent does not have insurance or does not have adequate insurance?

If you own a vehicle, or live with someone who owns a vehicle, you may still be able to recover for your injuries through insurance coverage called Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage. This is a special kind of coverage meant for this exact situation. Contact us to discuss the details.

5What if I don’t have health insurance and need to see a doctor?

There are many options to ensure you get the medical treatment you need. Just because you don’t have insurance doesn’t mean you cannot get your treatment. Set up an appointment with us today to discuss your options.